Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mixed emotions

I'm pretty bummed because Rich Harden (above, also the man I've been obsessing over for the past six years, who by the way supposedly lives somewhere down the road from us!) will be making a rehab start with the A's Triple-A affiliates the Sacramento River Cats this weekend!

While that's exciting because he's finally coming off the DL -- fingers crossed -- I'm kind of sad because I was supposed to go to a River Cats game this weekend! Bad timing. I say supposed to go, because those plans were scraped last minute. However, if he makes more than one rehab start in Sac, rest assured that I will drive my butt up to Sacramento to watch him play!

Oh yeah and I'm watching the A's-Angels game on t.v. right now... it's 14-6 in favor of the A's in the sixth inning. Wow, can we say slugathon?

In other news, I'm really immersing myself back in to the American t.v./cinema/Netflix scene since bailing on it over the past seven months.

It must be spring because every movie I've seen recently is either about babies or weddings. Is someone trying to hint something at me here?! Anyways, I was not once let down by Juno, License to Wed, 27 Dresses, or Baby Mama -- which my mom and I just saw this afternoon. It was pretty funny, seeing as how 90 percent of the cast was SNL people. One of the previews looked pretty decent, it comes out next week and is with Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz. I think my mom wants to take me out to see it when it's released.

This is definitely making up for the only time I went to the theaters in Cannes to see Sweeney Todd -- in English with French subtitles.

I'm also catching up on some episodes of The Office and Grey's Anatomy came back on last week after the conclusion of the writers' strikes. I'm a little let down and I think they could have come up with a better return episode than last week's Grey's. I feel like the writers were trying to take the safe side out, and really, if this is all they could come up with maybe the cast and crew could have hired some scabs or something who certainly could have written a better show. Heck, I could have probably done a little better.

...Here's hoping that this week significantly improves. It's already got one thing in its favor this week: Since the strikes hit, Private Practice won't resume until next season because it's too new of a series. That means Addison comes back to Grey's for possibly the rest of the season! All three episodes that are left this year.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

so we should be friends on netflix...though im not entirely sure how to do it, lol.
and the angels/a's rivalry lives on...each taking 2...i can live with that :)

au soleil levant said...

I agree, Grey's was kind of lame last week. Wonder how it was last night.... guess I'll have to wait another two months to find out! There are really only three episodes left?????